As a non-profit organization, the BC SPCA went out in search of a work alone safety solution for their Inspectors that not only provides the highest degree of safety in a variety of different scenarios, but also demonstrates fiscal responsibility.
So the BC SPCA turned to BLACKRIDGE Solutions to help develop and deploy a work alone safety solution that met Federal and Provincial work alone safety legislation and allowed the Inspectors the comfort of knowing that if they were ever in distress and required immediate assistance, it was available to them 24/7/365, including non-emergency situations.
The Loner solution deployed by BC SPCA provides the Inspectors the ability to request assistance in several different situations:
- Emergency Alert: if the Inspector experiences a medical or physical situation that requires immediate attention, they can pull down on the latch on their Loner device they are wearing and an alert is sent to a 24/7 Monitoring Centre, along with email and text messages to pre-defined contacts. The alert will provide the exact GPS location of the Inspector, even if he is indoors, within 10 seconds. Emergency services can be quickly deployed to the exact location for immediate assistance.
- Silent Alert: If the Inspector is in a situation where he requires back-up assistance, by pressing in on the latch on the Loner device, an alert is quietly sent out to the Monitoring Centre and pre-defined contacts letting them know that it is a silent alert situation and that the inspector requires backup support. Whether that is co-workers nearby or police services, assistance can be quickly dispatched to their GPS location.
- Missed Check-In Alert: If the Inspector fails to Check-in at regular intervals by pressing in on the latch on the Loner device, an alert will be generated letting the Monitoring Centre and pre-defined contacts know that the Inspector may require assistance
- No-Motion Alert: If the Inspector encounters a situation whereby they become motionless (unconscious) for a set period of time, the Loner device will automatically trigger an alert notifying the Monitoring Centre and pre-defined contacts that the Inspector may be in an unconscious situation and requires immediate assistance. His exact GPS location will be provided with the alert that was sent enhancing the speed at which assistance is provided.
- Fall Detection Alert: Similar to the no-motion alert, the fall detection alert will automatically send out an alert if it senses the Inspector had a serious fall and could potentially be unconscious and unable to request assistance. Like all of the other alerts, the Monitoring Centre and pre-defined contacts can quickly and efficiently be able to provide assistance to the Inspector, thus minimizing the seriousness of the incident.
Ensuring the safety of their Inspectors on a daily basis is extremely important to the BC SPCA and the Loner solution provides the level of safety they require to ensure all employees working alone go home safely at the end of their shift.
For further information on the Loner portfolio of products or on other leading work alone safety solutions, contact BLACKRIDGE Solutions at: (778) 686-5799 or email@example.com